Patented NFPA 96 Compliant Super Hinge™
The patented Super Hinge™ provides access to rooftop up-blast exhaust fans and is the ONLY patented NFPA 96 compliant fan hinge on the market. Hinged up-blast exhaust fans are required for commercial exhaust systems to be NFPA 96 compliant. The NFPA 96 requirements state the following code for hinging compliance:
- Hinged commercial up-blast exhaust fans are required for compliance
- Service hold-open retainers are required
The standard Super Hinge™ has an L-bracket on the top support arm that helps to reinforce damaged up-blast fans or support heavy fan weight distribution. The Super Hinge™ features make it the most versatile hinge system Omni Containment Systems has to offer. It can be adapted to fit all of the up-blast exhaust fans on the market.
Super Hinge Print and Fit Documents:
The Super Hinge™ Service Hold Open Retention System is patented and built into all variations of the Super Hinge™ Fan Hinge System and are manufactured with durable materials at our factory in the USA.
- Allows for single-person opening of an up-blast exhaust fan
- Creates a more stable foundation for fan opening
- Creates a safer working environment
- The built-in service hold-open retainer secures the hinge into a locked position during servicing
- Creates a more secure seal and better airflow
- Prolongs the life of fan by reinforcing the base of the fan
Use of the Super Hinge™ should be reviewed using the Omni Containment System’s supplied Print-N-Fit form. This form identifies specific measurements for proper size and application of the appropriate Super Hinge™.
Proudly made in the USA.